EAGLES OF THE WEST - Framed Collector's Piece
With the Battle of Britain in its closing stages, Hauptmann Helmut Wick leads a group of Bf109Es from I./JG2 back to base following a sweep along the Normandy coast, October 1940. The ancient abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel provides a fitting backdrop in the early evening sunlight.
Robert's atmospheric piece continues to prove popular and it's easy to see why! This Collector's Edition print carries the original signatures of five distinguished Luftwaffe pilots who all flew Bf109s and achieved Ace status before the end of the war.
Adding great provenance, we've included within the mount a fragment recovered from a Bf109 shot down during the battle and an additional five signatures of highly-regarded Luftwaffe pilots, including the famous Ace depicted, Helmut Wick.
Finishing off this special TEN signature piece, there's also a museum-quality reproduction Luftwaffe Breast Eagle and Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves to represent Wick's achievements during the war. The full list of TEN signatures reads:
- Major Helmut Wick KC with Oak Leaves
- Generalleutnant Günther Rall KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Leutnant HERMANN NEUHOFF KC
- Major Erich Rudorffer KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Oberfeldwebel Werner Hohenberg Iron Cross, 1st & 2nd class
- Generalmajor Dietrich Hrabak KC WITH OAK LEAVES
- Oberleutnant Walter Schuck KC with Oak Leaves
- Ambassador Franz Elles IC
- Oberstleutnant Hugo Dahmer KC
- Major Hans-Ekkehard Bob KC
- Framed Prints
- 30 x 28.5 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.