INTO THE FRAY
Squadron Leader Douglas Bader leads the Hurricanes of 242 Squadron in an aggressive diving attack upon a large force of Heinkel 111s approaching the Kent coast, whilst Spitfires from 66 Squadron tangle with the escorting Bf109s of JG52. It is September 1940, and the climax of the Battle of Britain.
In our opinion this is one of Richards best paintings to date and features one of the most legendary fighter Aces of the War - Douglas Bader. Battle of Britain signatures are becoming increasingly rare and this outstanding print is personally signed by prominant Battle of Britain Hurricane pilots, with a total of NINETEEN rare and desireable signatures available, including Bader himself - a true collectors edition.
The Limited Edition
Every print in the edition has been personally signed in pencil by two Fighter Pilots that flew Hurricanes during the Battle of Britain:
- Group Captain Billy Drake DSO DFC*
- Group Captain Byron Duckenfield AFC
The Collectors Edition and Remarques
Together with the two Remarque Editions, the SIX signature Collectors’ Edition is additionally signed by the following Battle of Britain Hurricane pilots:
- Wing Commander John 'Tim' Elkington
- Wing Commander Bob Foster DFC
- Air Commodore John Ellacombe CB DFC*
- Squadron Leader Tony Pickering AFC
The Battle of Britain Tribute Edition
Richard's pencil work is nothing short of superb and widely regarded as amongst the best in the industry. Along with a copy of the Collectors edition print these magnificent Tribute Proofs are issued with a unique and highly-collectible original pencil drawing, personally autographed by TEN Battle of Britain Pilots and matted to include the original pencil signatures of a further three of the most prominent pilots to fly in this crucial conflict, including the legendary fighter leader, Sir Douglas Bader – there are a total of NINETEEN signatures in this edition:
- Squadron Leader Jocelyn Millard AE
- Wing Commander Tom Neil DFC* AFC AE
- Squadron Leader Roy McGowan
- Squadron Leader Lawrence Thorogood
- Wing Commander Ken Mackenzie
- Warrant Officer David Denchfield
- Wing Commander Paddy Barthropp DFC AFC
- Wing Commander Eric Barwell DFC*
- Squadron Leader Basil 'Stapme' Stapleton DFC
- Squadron Leader Arthur 'Joe' Leigh DFC
- Group Captain Sir Douglas Bader CBE DSO* DFC*
- Wing Commander George 'Grumpy' Unwin DSO DFM*
- Group Captain Frank Carey CBE DFC** AFC DFM
- 34.75 x 21.5 inches
- Release Date:
Editions that feature original and unique artwork, such as Remarque, Tribute and matted editions, are specifically hand-crafted to order. As a result, our normal delivery policies do not apply to these items but we’ll be sure to update you as soon as your drawing is complete. If you have any particular request for your remarque drawing – such as specific aircraft markings – please ask when placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate.
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.