HOME AGAIN ENGLAND - Framed Collectors Piece
APRIL 1945: A battle-weary Lancaster limps home along the Norfolk coast with its outer starboard engine out of action following one of Bomber Command’s last daylight operations of the war. Luckily a group of Mk.XIV Spitfires is on hand to provide close escort and will see the bomber safely back to base.
In recognition of the role played by these two legendary aircraft and the men who flew them, this striking Collector's Edition print is signed by four famous WWII pilots of RAF Bomber and Fighter Command.
It has been expertly framed to include:
- a fragment from a carburettor air intake from a Spitfire which took part in the Battle of Britain
- museum-quality reproduction RAF Wings
- PLUS the original autograph of Sir ALEX HENSHAW MBE who, as Chief Test Pilot for Vickers Armstrong, flew both Lancasters AND Spitfires
The full list of signatures reads:
- Flight Lieutenant Bill Reid VC
- Group Captain James 'Willie' Tait DSO*** DFC* ADC
- Group Captain Tom Dalton Morgan DSO OBE DFC*
- Squadron Leader Allan Scott DFM
- Chief Test Pilot Alex Henshaw
- Framed Prints
- 30.75 x 28 inches
- Release Date:
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.