NO TURNING BACK
A Lancaster of No. 61 Squadron, RAF, piloted by Flt. Lt. Bill Reid, under attack from a German Fw190 en route to Dusseldorf on the night of November 3rd, 1943. Already injured in a previous attack, Bill Reid was again wounded but pressed on for another 50 minutes to bomb the target, then fly his badly damaged aircraft on the long journey home. The courage and devotion to duty that earned Bill Reid the Victoria Cross, was a hallmark of RAF bomber crews throughout their long six year campaign.
This limited edition was published in part to raise funds for the RAF Bomber Command Association.
The Aircrew Edition
Each print in this limited edition has been signed by the artist as well as:
- Flight Lieutenant Bill Reid VC
- Air Marshal Sir Ivor Broom KCB CBE DSO DFC AFC
- Air Commodore Wilf Burnett DSO, OBE, DFC, AFC
- Squadron Leader Tony Iveson DFC AE
The Bomber Command Edition
Each print in the Bomber Command Edition has been further signed by eight veterans, for a total of TWELVE and is issued with matching numbered companion print CROSSING THE COAST:
- Flight Sergeant Stan Bradford DFM
- Group Captain William Farquharson DFC
- Flight Lieutenant Bob Knights DSO DFC
- Group Captain Dudley Burnside DSO OBE DFC*
- Squadron Leader Lawrence Curtis DFC* AE
- Flight Lieutenant Douglas Newham CVO, DFC
- Flight Lieutenant Dennis Woolley DFC DFM
- Flight Lieutenant Kenneth Wolstenholme DFC*
- 32 x 24 inches
- Release Date:
Editions that feature original and unique artwork, such as Remarque, Tribute and matted editions, are specifically hand-crafted to order. As a result, our normal delivery policies do not apply to these items but we’ll be sure to update you as soon as your drawing is complete. If you have any particular request for your remarque drawing – such as specific aircraft markings – please ask when placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate.
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.