OPERATION CHASTISE - Framed Collectors Piece
A massive plume of water erupts as the bouncing bomb from ‘Dinghy’ Young’s Lancaster scores a direct hit on the Möhne Dam, at 00.40 hrs on the night of 16/17 May, 1943. Having already made their attacks, Micky Martin and Guy Gibson bravely circle the flak positions with navigation lights on, drawing enemy fire.
Robert’s world famous portrayal of the moment the Möhne Dam was breached during Operation Chastise sold out almost immediately when it was originally released in 1998 and has since joined the ranks of the most collectible limited air combat editions ever published.
We are therefore delighted to have this superb SIXTEEN signature piece available which has not only neen signed by thirteen Dambuster veterans, but has been mounted to full conservation standards to include museum quality reproduction RAF wings, an ORIGINAL piece of fuselage recovered from the crash site of Dambuster Lancaster AJ-M, plus the ORIGINAL autographs of the Commander-in-Chief of Bomber Command at the time of the raid and the man who invented the 'Upkeep' bouncing bomb used that night!
The full list of signatures reads:
- Flight Lieutenant George Chalmers DFC DFM
- Sergeant Ray Grayston
- Squadron Leader George Johnson MBE DFM
- Flight Lieutenant EDWARD JOHNSON DFC
- Sergeant Dudley Heal DFM
- Squadron Leader Ken Brown CGM
- Flight Sergeant Grant McDonald
- Flight Lieutenant Joe McCarthy DSO, DFC, RCAF
- Flying Officer David Rogers DFC
- Sergeant Stefan Oancia RCAF
- Sergeant Fred Sutherland
- Wing Commander Daniel Walker DFC, RCAF
- Flight Lieutenant Bill Townsend CGM DFM
- Squadron Leader Les Munro CNZM DSO QSO DFC
- Marshal of the RAF Sir Arthur T. Harris BT, GCB OBE DD
- Sir BARNES WALLIS CBE FRS RDI FRAeS
- Framed Prints
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.