SLOWING THE RED TIDE
Fw190s of JG51 provide support to armour breaking out of the besieged 'Festung Königsberg' in East Prussia, February 1945. They are quickly engaged by Yak 3s of the famed Normandie-Niemen Group but the determined action of the Wehrmacht opened a life-saving corridor to the Baltic and was one of their last significant tactical victories on the Eastern Front.
Adding great authenticity, a staggering NINE highly-respected Knights Cross recipients have signed the edition - five pilots and four panzer tank commanders:
- Leutnant Georg Bose KC
- Leutnant Hugo Broch KC
- Hauptmann Gerhard Fischer KC
- Oberfeldwebel Albert Kerscher KC with Oak Leaves
- Leutnant der Reserve Heinrich Kohler KC
- Generalleutnant Günther Rall KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Major Erich Rudorffer KC with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Oberleutnant OTTO SCHULTZ KC
- Oberleutnant Walter Wolfrum KC
- 35 x 25 inches
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.