SUMMER VICTORY - Framed Collector's Piece
The Battle of Britain began at the beginning of July, 1940 and during the next two and a half months, at the height of a glorious English summer, the RAF and the Luftwaffe fought what was to become the greatest aerial conflict in history.
In Robert's stunning piece a Luftwaffe pilot, one of many RAF victories on that brilliant summer morning, stands beside his downed Me109 contemplating his misfortune and his fate as farm workers hurry towards him. Overhead, Spitfire’s swoop past in a headlong rush to refuel, rearm and climb back into battle.
Originally published in 1990, this classic piece has become one of the most collectible editions in Robert's extensive portfolio. It was personally signed on release by four legendary Battle of Britain Aces and has been matted to include the additional signatures of a further six pilots who flew Spitfires during that long summer, making it an ELEVEN signature edition:
- Air Commodore Alan Deere DSO OBE DFC*
- Wing Commander Bob Doe DSO DFC*
- Group Captain Hugh 'Cocky' Dundas CBE DSO* DFC
- Group Captain Brian Kingcome DSO DFC*
- Air Chief Marshal Sir HUGH DOWDING GCB, GCVO, CMG
- Wing Commander George 'Grumpy' Unwin DSO DFM*
- Wing Commander Harbourne Stephen CBE DSO DFC*
- Air Commodore James Leathart CB DSO
- Squadron Leader Nigel Rose
- Wing Commander Paddy Barthropp DFC AFC
- Group Captain Allan Wright DFC
- Framed Prints
- 39.5 x 31.25 inches
Shipping available on this item
Prices listed on framed items do not include shipping. If you purchase this item, we'll contact you to discuss shipping costs.