MALTA GEORGE CROSS
Pilot Officer John Bisley of 126 Squadron in combat with Me 109s from JG-53 during one of the intense aerial air battles over Valetta in April 1942. Between the summer of 1940 and the end of 1942, Malta became one of the most bombed places on earth. The RAF’s desperate fight to retain control of the diminutive Mediterranean island, and the defiant courage of the people of Malta, is one of the epic stories of World War Two.
The Spitfire Edition
Signed by Six Pilots who flew Spitfires in defence of Malta.
- Flight Lieutenant Ken Evans DFC DFM
- Flight Lieutenant Ian Maclennan DFM
- Flight Lieutenant Colin Parkinson DFC
- Flight Lieutenant Jack Rae DFC
- Squadron Leader Arthur Roscoe DFC
- Squadron Leader Allan Scott DFM
The Malta Edition
Each print in the Malta Edition carries the six signatures above and is also issued with a companion print, HMS Illustrious, which has been signed by an additional three pilots:
- Group Captain Billy Drake DSO DFC*
- Commander Mike Crosley DSC*
- Lieutenant Commander Peter Twiss OBE DSC*
The George Cross Edition
Along with all the components of the Malta Edition, each exclusive copy of the George Cross Edition boasts an additional four signatures on the main print and TWO additional companion prints - Faith Over Midna and Night Eyes of Malta - along with a signed fascimile copy of Flight Lieutenant Parkinson's wartime diary of Malta. Faith Over Midna offers two further signatures and Night Eyes of Malta features four signatures - bringing the total to an astonishing NINETEEN. Those signatures together are:
- Wing Commander 'Moose' Fumerton
- Squadron Leader Pat Bing DFC*
- Flight Lieutenant Merv Shipyard DFC*
- Wing Commander Doug Oxby DSO DFC DFM*
- Flight Lieutenant Charles Palliser DFC
- Flight Lieutenant James Pickering AFC
- Squadron Leader Cyril 'Bam' Bamberger DFC
- Flight Lieutenant Keith Lawrence DFC
- Air Marshal Sir Ivor Broom KCB CBE DSO DFC AFC
- Squadron Leader Brian Hanfin DFC
- 33 x 24 inches
- Release Date:
Editions that feature original and unique artwork, such as Remarque, Tribute and matted editions, are specifically hand-crafted to order. As a result, our normal delivery policies do not apply to these items but we’ll be sure to update you as soon as your drawing is complete. If you have any particular request for your remarque drawing – such as specific aircraft markings – please ask when placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate.
Framing Service available on this item
Interested in having this item framed? Our expert team are on hand to review your bespoke requirements. Simply tick the framing box at the checkout and we’ll contact you to discuss the best framing choices for your piece plus delivery options. For further information about our framing service click here.